Dear family and friends,
I am so sad to share the news that after some bumps in the road, Robyn lost her battle with cystic fibrosis today. My apologies for those of you that are learning of this tragedy via her blog. She had so many friends (many of whom she knew from the CF community) and I would have no clue how to reach them all to personally share this update.
Her lung infection was so much for her little body that it began to lead to additional problems that she was unable to recover from.
We are deeply saddened by this loss that seems all too sudden given Robyn's good health the majority of her lifetime. We're not sure where to pick-up the pieces and all seem in a bit of shock.
All that knew her are truly blessed to have had her in their lives. She was an incredible wife, daughter, sister, grandaughter, aunt, cousin, and friend. But, most importantly, she was a WONDERFUL mother to her daughter Lola. Of all things in her life, Lola was her biggest accomplishment and the person she cherished the most. In addition, Robyn was fortunate to have found the love of her life in Aaron and we thank him again for his courage over the last month while supporting her during a roller coaster of a stay in the hospital.
We thank you all for your well wishes and notes of support. I truly wish I was writing to let you know that Robyn's infection cleared and a donor had been found. I wanted her to know here on earth what it was like to live a day free of CF...now she will experience that as an angel in heaven....
God Bless,
Laura & Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Robyn's dear family and friends, I so hoped there would be good news today and I am so sorry to hear this. Robyn emailed me just a week ago with questions about a transplant and I had hoped she would have that chance. Although I never met her, she really seemed like she found true joy in being Lola's mom.. As someone with CF and knowing how difficult becoming a mother can be, I am so pleased she got to experience that gift. Please know I am thinking about you all.
Sara Dun
Breathe Easy Robyn!!
My thoughts are with your family and your sweet lil Lola.
XOX
I am truly brokenhearted over your loss. Even though I've only known of Robyn's blog for a few months I feel connected to her and as a mother of a CF girl, I grieve with you. Truly you and your whole family are in my prayers.
May God bless you and all of Robyn's family. May He give you all the courage and strength you need for the rest of your days. I loved Robyn like a sister and can truly say say she was a blessing, an absolute kind soul, and a friend. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I am deeply sorry for you and for the loss of such a strong woman.
our thoughts and prayers are with Robyns family we are so deeply sad. I will remember her spirited self always, and her funny giggle and smile. we love you Robyn and are thankful to have sharred in your life and to call you my friend.
Our hearts are broken by the news of Robyn's passing. I plan to write a letter to Lola about Robyn. Just letting her know how amazing her mother truly was. I know it will help her as she grows up. I encourage you all to do the same. Please keep Robyn's memory alive in your heart. Please support the CF Foundation, keep in contact with her family, and live your life like Robyn did - ONE BREATH AT A TIME ENJOYING EVERY MOMENT AND EVERYONE ONE IN YOUR LIFE. IN THE END THAT IS ALL WE TRULY HAVE.
Robyn, I know you can hear me. I love you. An angel on earth and now in heaven. Our prayers will continue for your precious family.
You will ALWAYS be in our hearts.
We are so sorry and so sad to have lost Robyn. What a gift she was in everyone's life. We pray that her family and friends and especially Lola find a way to heal from this tragic loss. We got to live across the street from Robyn for a short time in Quantico...we all played together every day outside at 3pm. Those are some of my favorite memories and times. Robyn was a beautiful woman, a wonderful friend, and an exceptional mom. We miss you so much, already, Robyn. We're in a bit of shock that you are gone. We are so proud of the fight you fought. I can promise you that we will live our lives in a way that will make you proud as you watch us from heaven. Already, I am doing more, complaining less, loving more, trying to laugh more, enjoy more, anger less, hug and kiss my kids every chance I get, forgive more, accept more, give more, judge less. Because I can. You inpired us all your life long, Robyn. And you will continue to inspire me for the rest of my life. Robyn's family-I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry. God bless you and Robyn up in heaven. You are forever in our thoughts and prayers. Much love-Jill, Patrick, Jack, Maggie and Ben
I am praying for your and your family during this difficult time.
Breathe easy, Robyn.
My heart sank when I recieved the call with the news of Robyn's passing. She was such an amazing person, I will miss her so much. I will also be writing a letter for Lola to read when she is older to let her know what a wonderful, fun & kind person I knew her mom to be. Her family & friends are in my thoughts & prayers. I will always cherish the many days we spent outside watching the kids play together. When I opened up a box of Christmas decorations today, Robyn's card from last year was at the top of the decorations; my youngest daughter loved looking at Sully & carried the card around for weeks last year. It must have gotten separated from the rest of the cards when I was packing up last year & got stored away instead of thrown out. I will never forget Robyn & am so fortunate to have been able to have known her. Much love, Jess, Sunny, Julianna & Olivia
Aaron & Lola: We learned of the news and our hearts broke! Please know that we are with you in thoughts and prayers. This morning we prayed for your comfort, peace, and strength and I have faith that God will answer our prayer! We remember all of the good times we spent with you all in Camp Lejeune and here in Quantico. I also remember how much she loved you and Lola. We are truly blessed to have you all in our lives. Robyn: I treasure the times we spent together and the example you have given in being such a loving mother and wife. Your life and love will forever shine through in Lola! Until we meet again... All our love, thoughts, and prayers, The Trimbles
I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.
Mom of CFer,
Kelli
My heart is just broken for all of you. I'm so saddened that this world has lost such a wonderful and beautiful person! Each of you are in my prayers and my thoughts. I am so sorry that Robyn has passed. Breathe easy Robyn!
Suzi
I'm so sorry.
Dear Aaron and Lola, We are so sorry for your loss. Your wife/mom was a wonderful, funny and thoughtful woman. We met so many years ago at CF camp and I've so enjoyed her love of life and positive attitude. In addition, she taught me to love malted milk balls and envy her bikini body despite eating them! I will miss you Robyn. We love you "Smobyn." Natalie, Paul, Paulie and Nathan Sutto
Sadness overwhelms me tonight. As much as I am hurting, I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know Robyn through our blogs and e-mails and how we bonded over being CF moms. Robyn, you will be missed by all your Cysters (CF Sisters) and your whole family remains in my heart and prayers. Lola is blessed to have the legacy of your love and devotion to her and I know you will always be with her. Give Lexi a huge hug for me. I will never forget you and in your honor, I will give Harrison longer hugs and more kisses and cuddles and never take advantage of the blessing of being a mom. Love to you and all your family.
Sharlie Kaltenbach
My heart goes out to Robyn's family, especially little Lola and her husband, Aaron. I lived across the street from her in Quantico up until this past May, and enjoyed many an afternoon socializing with her. She was just a wonderful person, but most of all, you could tell how much she loved her daughter, and how much her daughter loved her. Although I never had the privilege of meeting Aaron, from the way Robyn spoke about him, anyone could see how deep her feelings for him really were. I know it must give Robyn peace in heaven to know that her family will be very well taken care of in her absence. Best of all, she left a wonderful piece of herself that will live on in Lola. May God bless all those that loved Robyn, and may Robyn rest in peace.
I simply want you to know what an impact Robyn has had on my family. I am Sharlie's mom...and I often heard about Robyn through Shar. I am grateful Sharlie was able to connect with Robyn through blogging and that they developed a friendship I believe will be eternal.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you, especially little Lola.
Warmly,
Collette Larsen
Little Lola,
Your Mommy wanted you so badly, and although she was not long for this world, we were lucky to have known such a lovely soul, especially you. She would say, though, that it was SHE who was lucky to have known you for such a brief, beautiful moment, her little legacy.
Aaron, our hearts go out to you and Lola, as well as the rest of Robyn's loving family.
--Ellen & Dan Scott
Post a Comment